Friday, July 31, 2009

Imbrace the greatness.

So, imagin it; nice soul music, a cheap but pleasent meal, along side a perfect couple.


Yes, i just finished work.

In some aspects work actually makes me happy. The way the restaurant fills with the smell of 'old people' on fridays, that sent that reminds you of certain special people that have been there your entire life, in my case my pop. I miss him, more then words could ever describe, and seeing the old folks smiling faces as i serve theire needs, it truly does fill my heart with contentment. Seeing all the love that doesnt look a day old, the laugher; all the joy, its beautiful. They sway side to side to 'stand by me' as i try to get gravy spills off the tables and just seeing them, so deep in eachothers eyes, its incredible. So there i was, trying to control a little boy that took the lid off the pepper shaker and was throwing the pepper around everywhere, while the love was still getting shown on the dance floor. Before i knew it i had the little boy throwing his arms each side of him, yelling in my face "COOK ME DINNER!" absolutely shocked i replied in an intimidated tone"okay", as quickly as i could! he then came into the kitchen! so, i gave him a bright red napkin, thinking "yes, this is sure to work, all little boys like colourful things", yes i was very correct, it worked, it kept him very entertained, by ripping it up into tiny little pieces and throwing it everywhere like snow! by now, i think steam would have been puffing out of each ear! but one slight glance to my right and i had my smile back on my face. I dont know why these strangers had such a great effect on me, i just think there brillant. When you think about it, there our past, our history. some of the people could have fought for our land, or served a ruler of time, it truly is astonishing. Another thing that made my night, is one of the old gents commented "its good to see theres still cacky handed people out there", i smiled and said "thats what mummy calls me" he smiled and said "do the world proud sweetheart, you'll go far", it honestly gave me goose bumps from the tips of my fingers to the very ends of my toes, i was speachless, all i could do was smile. And then of course 'brown eyed girl' by van morrison came on, which of course, once again, my pop use to sing to me..

Lets conclude it here before i get upset, but it surly was a nice evening.


1 comment:

  1. no matter what, this is still my favourite post by far.
    i read it your birthday sleepover weekend. and cried reading it :p

    ReplyDelete